BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
School Year 2017-2018
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time and talents to assist at the Union City Area School District. Below is the list of documents for new volunteer applicants. Please click on the links provided to access each document.
· Letter to prospective volunteers: Please read carefully and follow the instructions for each of the documents required.
· New volunteer application for anyone who was not School Board approved as a volunteer in 2016-2017.
· Affidavit for Volunteers (if qualified for exemption).
· Proof of current Tb test administered no more than twelve (12) months prior to date submitted to the Administration Office that indicates no evidence of active tuberculosis. This document must be obtained from your health-care provider and is self-pay.
· VOLUNTEER ATHLETIC COACHES ONLY – All volunteer athletic coaches must complete a number of trainings prior to coaching and before access to any practice facilities. See related information in “Letter to Prospective Volunteers” and “New Volunteer Application” for details.
· For 2018-2019 – All BAND BOOSTER volunteers must complete the Act 126 Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training (including the Educator Discipline Act training). See related information in “Letter to Prospective Volunteers” and “New Volunteer Application” for details.
Fully completed applications must be submitted to the Administration Office prior to School Board approval. See deadline dates noted in letter to volunteers.