photo by Melanie Hurta

PDF reader

Click for Union City, Pennsylvania Forecast











How do I sign up to view my student's cafeteria balance online?  Click here for detailed instructions on how to set up your online account.

Who can get free or reduced price meals?
Children in households getting Food Stamps or TANF and most foster children can receive free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can receive free or reduced price meals.

Will the information I give be checked?
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof of the information you give.

What if I stop getting Food Stamps or TANF?
If your children qualify because you listed a Food Stamp or TANF case number, you must tell the school when you no longer receive Food Stamps or TANF.

What if my household size or income changes?
If your children qualify for free or reduced price meals based on your income, you must tell us if your household size goes down or if your income goes up by more than $50 per month ($600 per year). Call us. You do not need to fill out another application.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps or TANF. If you lose your job, your children may be able to receive free or reduced price meals during the time your are unemployed.

What if I disagree with the school district's decision about my application?
You should talk to school officials.

If you have other questions or need help, call Krista Byler at (814)438-7673  x5466.